Have you ever come across a situation when you were overlooked by your boss while at your job ?
Try out the following which could prove worthwhile:
- Simply ignore certain things : When you ignore certain things you do not want, such an approach constitutes your self-respect.
- Learn to say ‘No’ : This is a skill you ought to develop. Be polite, yet firm to say ‘No’ to things you wish to avoid as this helps to conserve your energy for things you desire to do.
- Keep you temper on ice : Never allow your temper to fly. In other words, always be composed as it enhances your interpersonal relationship with others.
- Be resourceful : Organizations love to have employees who can make things happen. This will increase your ‘visibility’.
- Set priorities : Avoid running into a stage of over-stress and ‘burnout’. Yet do a little extra which others might not. This would enable you to get noticed.
- Emerge as a leader: Creativity and innovation would help on this front. Ingenuity matters.
Concentrate on key issues: Do not let the trivial bother you. Once you focus on right things, you will eventually become conspicuous.
- Remember the ‘P-O’ fit: Success results when P(for Preparation) meets O(for Opportunity). So, do not get bogged down with failures
- Hone you skills : Expanding your expertise makes you ‘wanted’.
- Learn the art of co-determination : This means to imbibe the habit of collective problem-solving.
Happy Working !!!
Prof. D. P. Chattopadhyay
(Globsyn Business School)