The MDP on “Enhance Your Research Acumen” offers an opportunity to strengthen your research fundamentals enabling you to accelerate and improve your research output. Research is a process which when understood and adhered to offers immense potential for substantive and quality research output. Basic (academic) research needs clear understanding of the core issues of the subject which is framed as the Research Objective(s). It has been observed that the objectives of the research being undertaken often are not clear as the ‘research gap’ is not well identified through proper and extensive review of literature. Apart from process thinking and conceptual clarity on the subject, quality research also require application of appropriate statistical tools and models for correct interpretation of the data and scientifically drawn inferences. “Enhance your Research Acumen”, an MDP specially designed to enable the research fraternity to have a sound understanding of the research process and guide them in their pursuit of being a quality researcher.
Date: 12th – 13th June, 2018
- 9:30am to 10:30am – Registration and KIT Distribution
- 10:30am to 10:40am – Inauguration
- 10:45am to 11:15am – Inaugural speech
- 11:15am to 11:30am – Tea Session
- 11:30am to 1pm – Session 1: Insight into Research Methodology – The session will discuss on the RM as a process and relevant stages and its implication for the entire research.
- 1pm to 2pm – Lunch
- 2pm to 3:30pm – Session 2: Research Problem Formulation – The session will explore the details of how to identify the research problem.
- 3:30pm to 3:45pm: Tea Session
- 3:45pm to 5:15pm – Session 3: Steps to arrive at Information needed – The details of steps to identify information needed to address the research problem and as an input to create the data collection instrument will be discussed.
- 10am to 10:30am – Breakfast and Tea
- 10:30am to 12pm – Session 1: Formulation of Research Design – The quality research will be a function of how well the research was planned and conducted. The session will discuss appropriate research designs for carrying out the research.
- 12pm to 12:15pm – Tea Session
- 12:15pm to 1:45pm – Session 2: Hypothesis Formulation and Testing – Research is more often to test and infer about prior assumptions. The session will discuss nuances on how to frame hypothesis and test with appropriate statistical tools.
- 1:45pm to 2:30pm – Lunch
- 2:30pm to 4pm – Session 3: Sampling Methodology – Result of any research will differ depending on how and how many respondents were considered for the study. Appropriately designed sample will test the scrutiny and establish the result obtained. The session will discuss various sampling techniques used.
- 4pm onwards – Valedictory and Certificate Distribution
Prof. Anindra Kumar Haldar
Prof. Anindra Kumar Haldar is an alumnus of IIT – Kharagpur and IIM – Calcutta. He has also been a distinguished ‘Civil Servant’ of the Govt. of India and has worked in the Indian Railways as an IRTS officer. Prof. Haldar has spent considerable time in the industry in the area of International Marketing and Product Sourcing and Contract Manufacturing. Prof. Haldar has been into the field of management education for more than 20 years and has the reputation of building multiple B-schools and making them reputed brands. He had also been associated with IIM – Shillong as a guest faculty in the area of Marketing Research. Prof. Haldar had been the Dean of a reputed business school in Patna. He has successfully conducted several MDP’s and Corporate Training Programs for reputed companies like Tata Motors, Lafarge Cement, Power Grid Corporation among many others. He has the distinction of conducting several MDP’s on Research Methodology, as being an active researcher he feels that, serious research requires clarity of research insights. Prof. Haldar has published research papers in various globally acclaimed research journals.
Participation Fee: Rs 3000 per participant
Early Bird discount Rs 500 per participants within 7th June 2018, or a block registration of 3 heads or more.
Mode of Payment
Kindly send Cheque/Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of GLOBSYN KNOWLEDGE FOUNDATION, Payable at KOLKATA along with the Registration form (duly filled–in) at the correspondence provided.
- Name of Bank – AXIS Bank Ltd.
- Branch – Amtala Branch
- Address – Sangam Market, Diamond Harbour Road, Amtala, PO-Bishnupur, 24 Parganas (south), WB-743503
- A/c no – 917010028101660
- Type – Savings Bank
- IFSC – UTIB0000440