The Globsyn Learning Resource Centre (G-LRC) is dedicated to the academic assistance of the Globsyn Business School student population. We offer a wide range of services such as:
- Individual course content tutoring by peers & RAs
- Review Sessions by Peers
- Academic learning assistance for students by Counselors
GLRC hosts dedicated tutors to assist students in a variety of courses and subject areas, from Pre-mathematics to HR and Operations Management to Strategy, are available to be scheduled for 1 hour blocks of time during the available tutoring hours.
Writing Assistance aids students in developing papers for classes across the curriculum and beyond. Students meet with a writing assistant one-on-one to develop skills in writing and organisation of papers/reports.
Appointments are made in 1 hour blocks. Students are expected to either bring a writing sample to their appointment or be ready to discuss his/her ideas about the paper.
Students with English as a second language (students with any vernacular like Bengali, Hindi as first language) may also like to seek an appointment with the writing assistance.
Writing Assistance involves, but is not limited to:
- Assisting students throughout the writing process in developing and organising ideas, finding a focus in a draft, writing drafts and revising
- Writing a research paper
- Writing essay answers in exams
- Learning proper reference citations and paraphrasing (how to control plagiarism)
- Grammar and sentence skills
Academic Learning Assistance
Academic learning assistance is provided to students interested in:
- Developing course specific learning strategies, or
- Learning more about the softer work skills in terms of Motivation, Concentration, Time Management, Organisational Strategies, Critical Reading/Thinking, Note Taking, Test Preparation, Memorisation Techniques etc.