Successful businesses today are breaking barriers and traditional norms. However, the approach to successful businesses in the post-pandemic period is standing on the pillar of an agile approach. Many traditional organizations are catching wind of the benefits that come with being agile, but what exactly is meant by an organization being ‘agile’, and what are the responsibilities that are associated with it.
What is Agility?
Being agile or ‘agility’ may be defined as marked by an ability to think quickly, and being mentally acute or aware, many traditional organizations are catching wind of the benefits that come with being agile. According to McKinsey traditional organizations are those which are characterized by being built around static and structural hierarchy.
On the other hand, agile organizations are quite different, they are characterized by a network of teams that comprise an agile operating model of rapid learning and decision-making cycles. They instil a common purpose and use new data to give decision rights to the teams, ideally combining velocity and adaptability with stability and efficiency.
Roles and Importance of an Agile Business
As technology and society evolve, so have the ways of managing a business. The most important element for a successful business building is to disrupt traditional organizational archetypes with new approaches- that leads to the growth of the business. Being agile for business serves the purpose. However, the phenomenon of being Agile is beyond the implementation of Software for the development of a business. Agility is adopted in multiple facets of a company on a broader spectrum to transform business processes and initiate better changes. The pandemic has witnessed the rise and death of many organizations, some that made it through while many that could not sustain themselves. Surprisingly businesses that had bent toward being agile, have thrived remarkably throughout the pandemic.
Thus, it can be stated that the advantages of being agile, have actually served as key elements of successful business building. Let’s take a deeper look at what are the advantages:
- Innovation – one of the prime advantages of being agile is the higher degree of innovation it enables. Work being done in sprints and across streamlined cross-team collaboration, a lot of experimentation is possible throughout the process.
- Collaboration and Productivity – In an agile approach, different teams work on their respective parts, teams meet frequently and discuss progress and issues, and ways to resolve them. It is easier to organize the workforce and greater efficiency. Added both internal and external communication channels need to be well set up and facilitate synced communication within teams.
- Stronger Relationship – Another important aspect is to solidify internal relationships within an organization. An organization must prioritize building meaningful relationships within its structure for collective growth.
- Employee Experience – Stronger relationships within the company, together with streamlined processes and good transparent communication, contribute immensely to a positive employee experience. In an agile environment, stronger communication is enabled with effective experience from the employees. A positive experience leads to goodwill and the growth of the organization.
- Future Readiness – Another important advantage of business being agile is that it guarantees a higher degree of future readiness. Going agile empowers organizations to go ahead smoothly if any future disruptions occur and provide a future-proof foundation.
How Globsyn Business School focuses on being Agile and Responsible
Globsyn Business School (GBS) has been an organization that has been essentially agile and resilient in order to sustain itself in any culminating situation. GBS has believed that every organization must welcome change and they should aim toward building a situationally agile structure to cope with financial crashes, pandemics, or any other unforeseen challenges. The B-School in this context has also innovated itself to facilitate a seamless offline to online transition during the onset of the pandemic. GBS through its various initiatives like Beyond Education, Gamification in Education, Hybrid Education, using Movies in Pedagogy, Mindfulness in Education, International seminars, Corporate Connect sessions, Boardroom Simulation, has made sure to stay way ahead in the learning curve.