“Marketing”, a term we hear in our everyday lives, is not just a term. Marketing may be defined as the process to be fundamentally associated with understanding customers extremely well as they are directly relevant to the most basic business objective i.e. profit. Marketing is one of the oldest disciplines of Management study.
MBA in Marketing is one of the most popular mainstream courses. Marketing constitutes the heart of an organization that generates business and revenue for the company. Students with MBA in Marketing having good marketing skills are always in high demand.
How to Do MBA in Marketing
Marketing educates individuals in developing insights about sales and marketing fields, executive and leadership management skills, consumer skills, consumer trends, market strategies, product management, and market research in different industries. The eligibility for MBA in Marketing requires an aspirant to have a bachelor’s degree or any equivalent degree to apply for the course. They also need to register themselves for relevant MBA entrance exams like CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ NMAT/ SNAP/etc. Apart from these, there are various institute-specific entrance tests both for candidates with or without entrance scores. The scores mostly determine admission into the business schools. On the contrary, if one is willing to take up an MBA abroad, one needs to appear for the GMAT entrance test.
Scope of MBA in Marketing
After MBA in Marketing what to do? MBA degree is one of the most sought-after degrees by students as well as corporate in recent times. MBA in Marketing provides a major portion of entry-level managerial management jobs. There are various career opportunities in the Government and Private Sector, Retail, Tourism, Banking, Hospitality, Media, Advertising, Consulting, Market Research, etc.
Some of the profiles where an MBA in Marketing can flourish as a professional are as follows:
- Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Asset Manager
- Corporate Sales
- Market Research Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Media Planner
- Product Manager
- Head of Digital Marketing
- Internet Marketing Manager
Benefits of MBA
- An MBA in Marketing provides high career opportunities. The degree helps one to get promoted to higher management or to an executive position. Which in turn helps you get a job with higher pay. The post-graduate program equips students with leadership and communication skills that make each of the students their best version.
- An MBA in Marketing is an asset to any professional career. This one degree can boost up the compensation package considering one’s experience.
- MBA in Marketing provides a student with a plethora of opportunities to learn beyond the curriculum, such as finance, human resource, product management, strategic selling, corporate management, etc.
- The course aids to develop skills alongside coursework completion. During the entire duration of the program, students develop analytical thinking and presentation skills.
Management Education at Globsyn
Staying true to its legacy of 20 years, Globsyn Business School (GBS) has become a globally relevant and sustainable brand in the education sector. With its core rooted in technology, coupled with its philosophy of learning ‘Beyond Education’, GBS fuses Experiential Learning into its curriculum that shapes young minds into ‘industry relevant managers’ of the 21st century corporate world.
The B-School’s two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is approved by AICTE. Globsyn’s up market PGPM-IB programme also offers MBA (Global Business) in partnership with Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST), and students pursuing this course will be exposed to a global management education experience with classes by international faculty.
The School of Marketing Excellence at Globsyn Business School, armed with an unbeaten course structure, live and industry vertical specific case studies, live projects, workshops, advertisement clubs and other creative pedagogic tools, represents an ideal ‘gurukul’ to learn the intricacies of today’s marketplace. Some of the areas of study the School of Marketing Excellence offer are Industrial Marketing, International Marketing, Relationship Marketing, Rural Marketing, amongst others.